Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Sun will come out, Tomorrow

This weekend was awesome. I just adore my best friend who I call "My Peah." We went to eat Friday night at a little place outside the city with Babe, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.


Once we returned home, Peah told me we needed to open my birthday gift. Even thought my birthday isn't until Sunday (the 14th), she was ready..... and do you know what she got for me?
You'll never guess.....

Uh huh. 30 gifts. All for me. Me and my upcoming 30th birthday.


Soap, a coffee mug, candied cashews, three shirts, soap, candles, candlesticks, panties, a picture frame, a water bottle, fruit roll ups, a notepad, and the list goes on.....


Saturday we slept in, went to a nice "girl" lunch together, and then I conned her in to helping me redecorate my office. I painted it a few weeks back, but nothing had been hung on the walls or reorganized besides the furniture. Since she's such a great decorator, what better way to spend the day? As soon as I put the finishing touches on it, I'll post pictures. I'm thrilled with the way it is turning out though! Thanks, My Peah.

Sunday we slept in again, went to a little deli for lunch and then came home to nap. We enjoyed just hanging out and being together. My Peah is the greatest. She's the bestest friend in the whole wide world. She's a supporter, an encourager, and most of all- a great listener. I mean, who else would have taken the 30 gifts idea and run with it? If this weekend is any prelude to 30, it's going to be a great year! Thanks, My Peah, for being you!

So, here's where I seek help. I am currently a Clicker for General Infertility (I--N) and can't find the time to keep up because of my work schedule right now. I need to email Mel and let her know I don't have the time to be a clicker anymore, but I was hoping to have a replacement so she doesn't have to find one. If you want to know more about it or are interested in filling my spot, email me. It only takes about fifteen to thirty minutes once every day or every few days, but I feel like I'm doing my category and assigned bloggers an injustice because of my lack of time at the moment.

My FET is tomorrow. Thanks Nity and Lost in Space for your warm emails this evening. What a great way to go into this thing, considering I'm not happy with Babe at the moment.... he can't drive me to the transfer. Bummer, I know. I need him there for support more than anything, but he has a doctor's appointment of his own that he scheduled for tomorrow; it would take him another four weeks to get back in to see this doc. It's a doctor he really needs to see, so I told him not to cancel. And considering we haven't told our family about any of our infertility treatments, I'm stuck going this one alone. I'm sure it will be fine. It's just nice to have a hand-holder, a warm smile, and a ride home without having to "think." I know you all will be there with me in spirit though, which truly does comfort me.

I leave you with a few more pictures from this weekend- I'm actually posting pictures of myself, a very scary thing for me. As I post, I'm humming you all a little diddy: "The sun will come out, tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun."


"It doesn't matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it's important to realize whatever you're doing, it's your first attempt at it. (Wally Amos)

20 comments:

dmarie said...

Your friend sounds awesome. Her gift idea was truly sweet!

I wishing you so much luck tomorrow. Sorry you have to go alone. I'll be thinking of you.

BTW--I would love the Kitchenaid recipe. dmarie@ureach.com THX!

Jill said...

You have an AWESOME friend!! I'm going to have to tell my friends I need 32 gifts this year. :)

I'll be praying for you tomorrow!! I hate that you're having to go alone...if I were there, I would drive you! I know your hubby wishes he were there though.

((HUGS))

Lost in Space said...

I love your best friend. What a sweetheart!!! I am so glad you had so much fun with her.

I'm sorry that you have to go on your own tomorrow. When you are staring at the screen and watching your future baby(ies) being put in place, know that their online aunties are thinking and praying for them already. That happy rock still works so well for me. Maybe you can take one along to hold to remind you that Babe and all of us are thinking of you. (:

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You look great and you and Babe make such a cute couple. I can't wait to see your office now too.

Evergreen said...

My Peah sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you got your 30 gifts!

I'm sorry you have to go to your ET alone -- you are braver than I am. We'll drive you in spirit.

Just Me. said...

My Peah sounds awesome!!!!!!! And wow, 30 presents! Ok, I'm gonna tell my best friend and babes too that I want 34 presents next year! :)

Hey, SuperWoman, you are one hot hot woman! And you and babe look so good together.

Sorry, that's just such a bummer to go alone. I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.

SuperWoman, you put on your SuperWoman panty and bra gear tomorrow and I'll be there, with my WonderWoman gear to hold your hand in spirit.

(((((huge huge hugs))))

Rachie Pachie said...

What an awesome weekend with your PEAH! :) And the 30 gifts?! That rocks!

It's crazy how quickly this FET has come up... I will be thinking of you today & saying a pray for you. Sucks you are doing this alone; I'm sorry about that. :( Know that we're out here thinking about you.

Love the cute pic of you with your Shirley Temple? Or something a bit better!? LOL ;)

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm so glad you got your 30 presents!!! Yeah. Does My Peah read your blog or did she come up with that on her own??? How awesome. I'm so happy for you.

Good luck today!! I'm sorry about Babe being double booked. That's a bummer. If I lived closer I'd drive you... but hey, I'll do it in spirit.

Ok -- happy Thursday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th, again, looks like it was a great weekend! :) Lots of luck with the transfer today. Sending you big prayers.

Shelby said...

It's fabulous that you have such an awesome best friend. And still I kick myself for not thinking of the 30 presents idea! Do you think I could get away with 31 next year? Probably not...

I wish you all the best for your FET tomorrow. I will be keeping you in my thoughts! Happy Birthday!

Courtney said...

Wow, tomorrow, big day! Good luck this weekend with the transfer and the birthday. Do you have bed rest plans lined up? Start watching a new TV show you've never seen before or something fun.
Happy Birthday.

Nichole said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you today! I hope the FET goes well for you!

Chelle said...

Hey, came across your blog through cycle sista. Good luck on your FET today!

Anonymous said...

Your friend is awesome! How cool!

Good luck tomorrow. Wish I could be there to hold your hand.

Jen&Carter said...

Hey I am glad to hear that you had a great weekend with your friend and Happy Birthday. I want to say good luck with the FET. I am praying for you hun, I wish that I could have been there to hold your hand. Thinking of you.

Jill said...

Have been praying for you today! Hope everything went well...update when you can. :)

((HUGS))

Leslie Laine said...

Hope your FET went well today - praying for you and sending you lots of good vibes!!! Glad you had such a great weekend and birthday celebration!

bb said...

Happy birthday and I hope your birthday wish is coming true!

Ellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope your FET went well and this year will be your best yet! (And maybe those two things will be related!)

Big hugs!
Ellie

Tara said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my new blog! I feel so much better now just knowing that I have a safe place to write about my feelings. It's so much easier to write the words than to say them!!!

Happy Birthday to you!!! 30 is the new 20!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Tara

Anonymous said...

Hope the FET went well and your embryos are getting cozy!!